Turning a model boat into a remote controlled boat?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inapickle29
    • Feb 2024

Turning a model boat into a remote controlled boat?

So a friend and I are attempting to turn this amazing model boat we have into an actual RC boat but I am not entirely sure how to go about it. We have water-proofed it and we know it can float but we want to reinforce it and as a motor with controls to it. What would be the best approach to a project like this? Any tips or recommendations?
  • kincer
    • Feb 2024

consider adding internal bracing or strengthening the hull with fiberglass or epoxy resin. For the motor and controls, opt for a waterproof RC motor and speed controller suitable for your boat's size and weight.

Comment

• inapickle29
      • Feb 2024

Originally posted by kincer
      consider adding internal bracing or strengthening the hull with fiberglass or epoxy resin. For the motor and controls, opt for a waterproof RC motor and speed controller suitable for your boat's size and weight.
      Do you know where I can get the weight recommendations for the motor or is this something that will be listed when I am shopping for one?

Thanks for the tips! If you have anymore, let me know. Writing down some notes for this now.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎