Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UpSh0t99
    • Feb 2024

Thrifting brought me here, hello!

I know this is probably not common for younger people but I really enjoy thrifting and recently stumbled on a huge lot of RC vehicles. Some were pretty beat-up but I managed to find a few gems that work. Now I want to actually do something with them. I will have to figure out what the models are and such but I am excited to be getting into the RC world again. I have not had any since I was like 13/14 years old.
  • galacticfox
    • Jan 2024

Welcome, welcome!

No shame in thrifting. I don't have any good places around here to do it. I would have to travel far out which is why I don't bother. I know a number of people online that partake though and find all sorts of amazing things. Sounds like you scored big!

Comment

• UpSh0t99
      • Feb 2024

Originally posted by galacticfox
      Welcome, welcome!

No shame in thrifting. I don't have any good places around here to do it. I would have to travel far out which is why I don't bother. I know a number of people online that partake though and find all sorts of amazing things. Sounds like you scored big!
      That is a shame! I do wish they had more places. It is such a cool hobby to have and something I never thought I would have been into. You can find so many cool things. It is almost like time traveling to the past when you find a good spot too.

Comment

• galacticfox
        • Jan 2024

Originally posted by UpSh0t99

That is a shame! I do wish they had more places. It is such a cool hobby to have and something I never thought I would have been into. You can find so many cool things. It is almost like time traveling to the past when you find a good spot too.
        I never thought of it like that but you have a point. I mean you can find so many cool items at these places that date back 10, 20, even 30 years ago and beyond. Someone I know from another site said he found a glass bowl from the 1950s, the same one he remembers his grandma having. He bought it as a gift for his mum and she loved it!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎